STP Tax – Franchisee Portal
A responsive website built in DNN + React.js and a custom built DMS
Success Tax Professionals (STP) are a chain of tax agent franchisees with 70 branches throughout Australia.
Tracy James runs the franchise and administers the site itself.
STP had a members portal for their franchisees to log in, view key documentation and chat on tax-related issues.
This portal, built in WordPress, had some limitations that Tracy and her team wanted to address:
- Automatic archiving of content
- Automatic deletion of expired content
- A favourites section where members could tag their most used data/documents
- A powerful search facility that could index and retrieve content inside PDF and Word documents
- Integrate their discussions, which are conducted inside Basecamp into the site
Intuitive IT built all this functionality with a DNN website and custom-built modules. We then migrated all files to the new framework, indexed the content and launched the new portal.
Custom Drag & Drop Documents Module using React
By using React.js and the DNN File Manager library we were able to give the STP administration team a user friendly interface. The UI allowed the administrators to:
- Drag and drop files directly from the computer desktop
- Sort file manually by drag and drop
- Sort files based on an order date field
- Sort files alphabetically
- Quickly identify file types and folders by an icon
And with the React.js interface, browsing the file structure was incredibly quick!
With the forum discussions taking place inside Basecamp, STP wanted to bridge between the documents and the communications.
So using the Basecamp API, we were able to display the discussion threads and provided an interface to add new comments, directly from the members' portal.
We kept security intact, by getting the franchise members to log in with their Basecamp credentials.
To allow the franchise members to access discussions and documents while on the road and on their mobiles, we ensured the site was built to respond to the device it is viewed on.
Here you can see the Document Management module on tablet and mobile. As you can see, we make the most of the screen real estate and maintain the functionality.
To help Tracy keep her members up to date with key information, we used Intercom.
Intercom allows site managers to trigger key content to appear based on the data. This could be highlighting new documents or events or to receive feedback from the members themselves.
Once these triggers are set up, they can be used over and over for new members without any additional work from Tracy.
Need a custom solution?
Intuitive IT can build your web app for you.